Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 3 weeks ago

If you object to eating humans, but eat other animals that's called being a hypocrite?

Hung, I've heard humans taste better than pigs.

No. Hypocrisy is when you falsely accuse someone of murder for eating meat, while you approve of abortion.

Nope.  You eat animals lower on the food chain.  Animals that eat meat bioaccumulate toxins.  We don't eat horse in america because we don't regulate the drugs we can give horses.  If you give a horse a steroid or an antibiotic and someone eats the meat, those drugs can impact them as well.

Human meat would be toxic.  It would also carry a much higher risk of dangerous viruses or prions.

Why are you trying to pick an argument with omnivores? It's really none of your business what I eat, nor is it any of my business that you have chosen a plant-based diet. I have observed that evangelical vegans have chosen that diet to be different and to consider themselves superior to those who eat meat or animal products. If you have a moral or environmental reason to eschew animals as food, good for you. Go practice your tofu feast in private. I wish you well and will not preach to you. But leave me alone. I consider your views as less than a gnat landing on my arm. I don't care what you eat, and invite you to leave me alone. You advocate my adopting your diet is equivalent to me asking you to emulate my sex life. Its personal, and none of your business.

No because in order to eat a fellow human, you will need to murder said human which is illegal. It’s not murder to eat animals.

What the hell!?

Because to be fair cannibalism IS pretty messed up. But while we're on the subject of meat, you want I to know I find hypocritical? The fact that people are horrified by the thought of eating dogs and are okay with eating pigs. It's actually disgustingly hypocritical, because pigs are just as capable of being "man's best friend" as dogs are. There is no excuse. If anything pigs are more capable because they have a higher IQ than dogs. Why do you even eat bacon anyway, just because it tastes good? Is worth having a higher risk of a heart attack just for tasty food?

I can see where China was coming from.

#PigLivesMatter

• Daisy

Eating humans is illegal in most of the world. Eating animals is not.

Not hypocritical; simply being a law abiding citizen.

• kswck2

Food animals and non food animals are a different thing. 

There are a lot of animals that I object to eating.  It is more being a picky eater.  

• hung

i'm pretty sure i don't taste as good as a cow, chicken or a pig......but better than brussels sprouts