Can anyone help?

What are my chances of being hired in human resource management if I graduate with a masters degree at age 58?

Even if you have been working in HR management & upgraded your educational background recently, your chances of a new job are probably rather poor. However, your current employer in the HR field could consider you for promotion, especially if you have a good track record. That would be a better prospect.

• John

I would repeat that, after the age of 50, ones chances in the job market are lower than average.  I'd add that is particularly true for an inexperienced person who is starting in an entirely new field.  You might want to change your question to "Will Someone Tell Me What I Want To Hear?"  

• Murzy

very good possibilities

HR isn't a safe place to be regardless of age. But the thought of spending $30-200k on a masters depending where you go doesn't seem like a good bet. You have 7 years to qualify for medicare and it would probably smarter to invest that money so you can retire earlier rather than later and then do something part time that makes you happier. Maybe if you were going for a really specific degree in high demand but I worked for a fortune 500 that outsourced their HR department years ago and most of it is handled out of another country now. Mergers often mean one company's HR is swallowed up by another. My last client went from a staff of 8 in HR to 2. HR is often the first area to be cut. If you hate your current job, maybe just try finding one in your field in a different setting. Maybe you have so much money and lifetime benefits somewhere already and money is not even an issue for you.