Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 4 weeks ago

Why insects seem to be lethargic and half dead these days?

My name is Kevin. I’m 12 years old and I like bugs. This is weird but every time I’ve found insects, such as spiders, centipedes and bees they don’t seem to be as alive. I could gently poke it and it just sits there in a feeble like position barely moving not fixing a ****. Poking a funnel web with a long blade of grass used to bring those big spiders right out but they just sit there and stare at you, or run into their tunnel. I held a centipede on my hand for 15 minutes yesterday and it just sat there. I even tried to provoke it a tad just to get it to move around but it

seemed dead. Is it the heat or what is going on with these critters?

• Edwena

It is the end of summer and the end of the life cycle for these bugs.  They are old and dying.  You should collect some bugs and observe their dying process.

• Darla

You should be 13 years old before using Yahoo answers. However I'll answer your bug question..  this time of year the nights are getting cooler. They take a while to warm up in the sun. If it was a sunny day.... Depends on what time of day. I am guessing it was morning. The days will get colder with winter coming. Bugs will die. 

• Marty

It seems cell phones and wifi signals, or the radiation from these devices,  are harming insects. You're bright for noticing.  There are several websites that explain exactly what's happening with them.