Mike 222 asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Why can’t I enjoy anything? I wanna kill myself ?

I literally can’t enjoy anything most of the time and I mean anything  such as video games and movies and music and hanging out with friends Etc but when I do enjoy it it’s not that entertaining i will be a little bit Entertained which doesn’t make any sense back before 4 years ago I enjoyed everything but now it has gone like this so why is that so I have depression or what and how can I enjoy things like I enjoyed them 4 years ago what’s the solution I have been like this for 4 years which has made some massive changes to my life and honestly if I don’t enjoy things like I used to 4 years ago I might kill myself so if you have a solution please answer me you could save a persons life 😭😭😭

There's a lot of things that can help with depression - therapy, medicine, and healthy lifestyle choices. I have info in my answers, advice from experts, and you can click on my name and read.

You say that you're not getting any enjoyment out of things. Here's something that people here have said is helpful with that problem. Look all over and do a complete inventory. You should be able to find at least one or two things you like, such as your favorite music or movie. If there's just one movie you like, watch it once or twice. Then, find movies that are like it in some way - with similar story or the same actor. Keep adding to your entertainment supply to give it variety.

Things that take our minds off our problems for a while are therapy, so long as we don't let them dominate us. That's what therapist and depression researcher Steve Ilardi of the U of Kansas says. If you go to Metapsychology, you can read a psychologist's review of Dr Ilardi's book ("a splendid book"). He's the therapist who headed a university lifestyle-depression project and developed a program for stress reduction.

Your chance of recovery is great, but to be on the same side I'll give you some suicide prevention.

The most important thing is knowing how to cope in a moment of crisis. It's very important to calm down. This will make you feel better and let you think clearly.

A very easy way to calm down is just to breathe slowly. A doctor recommends inhale to a count of 4, exhale to 6. You'll feel better in 5 min or less.

Also, simple distractions can be very good. This video has suggestions. It also has a very good hotline. No one will bother you if you call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yBXl81QPyY

Youtube thumbnail

&t=7s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqEM_jlDRZI

Youtube thumbnail