My faucet in the kitchen is making a noise after I replace, what is wrong?

I decided my kitchen faucet need to be replaced, so I went to purchased one.  It was the same identical one.  I hear a knocking noise every time I turned on the faucet and also my spray hose drip when I use the faucet.  When I turn the faucet on, it's like holding back a little and then sort of like a knocking sound.  It seems like it's in the handle.  I was thinking maybe air was in the hose line.. Here are the things I tried:  I turned on all the faucets in the house including the tub and faucet outside and let it run for for a while, I took off the aerator and ran the hot and cold water for a while, I repositioned the faucet  and re-tighten, I switched the aerator on the faucet and still  hear the noise.  My only suggestion is to take it back and switch it out for another one.  Before I do this, does anyone have any suggestions.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

sounds like it is some thing else causing the noise    so i suggest you get a plumber 

• Huh?
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Its water hammer. If you turn off the water and drain the system, then turn it back on it should solve the problem or install water hammer arrestor. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.