Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetOther - Internet · 4 weeks ago

Is there anything I can do to make my internet faster?

The best speed I ever get is 20mbps. Most of the time it sits at around 12mbps. I live in Australia and all I can say is that I hate it here cause of the horrible internet speed. It's supposed to be a lot faster cause it's NBN after all. Somebody told me it's the area we're in and also because the main line is on the freeway. I don't have fibre to the Premises.

you could pay for fibre to your house and charge people to use your internet via WIFI or move to an area where there is Fibre

Maybe try letting the router sit in some salty water, the salt can accelerate the speed at which the signals are sent out

Yes, call your ISP and pay for faster service...

• keerok

Miraculous! I've never had anything faster than 2mbps!

• Enigma

Try an external antenna and signal booster. Wilson Antennas might have one that you can use.  https://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/antennas    Talk to a qualified PC tech and see what can be done and what's available in your area.

• Dze

not really, the provider and their system is the limiting factor .. what pisses me off even here in the US is speeds are not up to par in many places and you go to some 3rd world rat hole in asia and just about all of them have super high speed internet that costs next to nothing lol ... makes you wonder ..