how do i know if my internet has wifi?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Check for a cable on the back of your PC. If you disconnect the cable and your internet disconnects too, then you have Ethernet, if not, then you have WiFi.

• Shadow
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

No internet has WiFi. The device that allows the usage of the internet, such as a modem or router, will either have the WiFi symbol or have antennae or have both.

• 4 weeks ago

Check your computer network section it will show

• 4 weeks ago

How about you TRY IT???

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • garry
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

simple just try it , set it to wifi and connect to the server .

• 4 weeks ago

My internet doesn't but my router does...

• 4 weeks ago

Ask it.........

• keerok
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Internet is the collection of networks worldwide. Access to the internet is supplied by an ISP (Internet Service Provider). Your ISP usually provides you with a router that connects your computer to their network so that you can access the internet. It's that router that determines whether you have wired or wireless connections. The easiest way to see if you have wifi is to look at your router, the box that connects your PC to a phone line or something outside. If that box has at least one antenna, that's WIFI!

• VP
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

As I'm sure everyone is trying to tell you... Wi-Fi is a function of the router -- not something that comes with your Internet service.  You see, there are 2 ways for your home devices to connect to your home router:

1. Your device uses an Ethernet cable to connect to your router.

2. Your device "goes cable-free" and uses Wi-Fi to connect to your router.

Now you know!  Wi-Fi is really just a "cable-free" connection to a router (or Wi-Fi transceiver).

• 4 weeks ago

It does if that's what you accessed this site with.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.