Allergic reaction to professionally dyed hair. Should I revisit the salon to wash out the dye?
I shampooed my hair at home a few days after the color treatment and the color bled a lot. My chest and neck area is now filled with rash and I’m worried about washing my hair again. Should I revisit the salon to thoroughly wash the color out?
I’ve never had an allergic reaction to hair dyes before and I’m presuming it has something to do with the ingredient. This salon is rather new and they didn’t give me a patch test.
- Anonymous4 weeks ago
You can become allergic at any time 1st time-50th time...always do a patch test. If you can take benadryl that might be a good idea or go to the hospital if it starts spreading more or affecting your breathing. Make sure to find out the ingredients of what they used so you can avoid it in the future...it's usually ppd and there are some that do not have that but ppl can be allergic to ppd derivatives as well so you might need to see a allergist as well. And take pictures of the rash to show the doctor in case in goes away before you can get in for a appointment.