Is it possible for a spirit to mess with others in order to communicate with them?

Basically, I am someone who is very spiritual and believes in spirits. I'm also someone who is literally able to see and hear spirits along with smell different things that no one else except me and 1 of my best friends can smell. An example: about a month ago or so, my friend and I first smelled poop (none around at all, not even from a dog or cat)...then not even a minute later, we both smelled Mexican food. On top of that, apart from being next door neighbors, we also have weird, unexplainable occurrences at our houses. I'm either with her or she's with me quite a bit when this stuff happens.

And then more recently, I found out that someone I knew ended up killing themselves. So is it possible for the spirit who killed themself to mess with others in order to attempt to communicate with those that are still living? Basically, a little more than 2 weeks ago, we know there's a spirit messing with us. This does not include this past week, but for 2 weeks straight, there's been a spirit messing with us on and off. About last week or the week before, when this particular spirit messed with us last, I was able to sense and feel that it was definitely a good spirit. So we've both been trying to figure out who this spirit could be. Neither one of us thinks it's someone from either of our families except my friend's mom is the only one who's passed on from her life. I've had quite a few members pass on from my life, but idk why any of them would want to mess with me and her. 

So the only spirit I was the one who killed themselves. That was recent, but not super recent. 

You are dealing with demons, rebuke them in the name of Yeshua/Jesus.

Yes, it is.

• !

Well, its possible for a spirit to mess with people, but not necrssarily for the purpose of communication. Some people are @ssholes, and death doesnt fundamentally change them, so its possible a spirit is messing with you just because it can

As the only spirits that actually exist are all in bottles at the liquor store, that's a big fat NOPE.

Buddy, spirits don't exist.