Are the face-masks going to become the new plastic bags?

I see discarded face-masks literally everywhere every day.

In a couple of years are the oceans going to be filled with them, are we going to be doing autopsies on dead birds and seals and dolphins and find that they died from choking on face-masks instead of the plastic bags?

Update:

I don't think fabric is going to decompose any time soon, are they just gonna drift around on the ocean and kill fish and animals like plastic? Animals won't be any less dead if they swallow a face-mask?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

They are biodegradble so therefore will eventually rot away of their own accord.

They certainly wont become like you say In a couple of years are the oceans going to be filled with them, are we going to be doing autopsies on dead birds and seals and dolphins and find that they died from choking on face-masks instead of the plastic bags

• 4 weeks ago

I don't think so. The mask are only a problem until the liberals get back into power. Then they will ban them. Like they banned straws, plastic bags,  and Styrofoam. 

• It's Boris Johnson's next employment opportunity.

Have a festival of discarded masks.Litter picking to Save the NHS.Oh, and Take Back Control.( If possible).

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Stupid people don't wear masks and other stupid people don't know how to dispose of contaminated masks if they do. That's how a virus spreads. Most fabric contains some synthetic fibers so they will end up in the North Atlantic Gyre or wherever.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

HEY everyone should be wearing a FACE DIAPER just because JOE BIDEN SAID HE IS GOING TO MAKE IT MANDATORY BY PRESIDENTIAL POWER OF THE PEN.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

yes people don't think too much when they produce things.

• 1 month ago

Stop the drama.. They are not plastic

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.