Sofia asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 4 weeks ago

Is it normal to experience hair loss at age 12?

My daughter is experiencing hair loss at the young age of 12. I am thinking it is because of her dandruff but I might be wrong. My daughter also has anemia and I'm not sure if it impacts her scalp. It is effecting her self-esteem (which was pretty high before). And well, I'm worried for her I don't know what to do? Should she take supplements of some sort of other method?

• Barry
    Favorite Answer

Only a doctor can advise you. So take her to see one.

• kelvin

no it's effecting you mentally and no she doesn't

Asking this of her pediatrician would be wise.  There is no way for anyone to guess why your daughter is experiencing hair loss.   Seek the advice of  a medical professional, beauty experts are not medically trained.

Anemia can cause hair loss in some.... If she's on meds for the anemia it might take a few months to determine if the anemia is what is causing it...if not she'd need more bloodwork to check thyroid, that also causes hair loss.