what state in the U.S. has the best quality of life ?

such as activities to do, lower cost of living, lower crime rate

Update:

portland, Oregon had weekly festivals before the shutdown. Are there any other cities like this 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

It certainly isn't Connecticut. By the time you've paid your state income tax, sales taxes, gasoline tax, car tax, property taxes, and many others, there's nothing left to enjoy life with.

• 4 weeks ago

California and Texas - Good weather, job opportunities, lots of things to do or visit. Man, they got everything! 

• 4 weeks ago

Theres Are Some States in the United States Ohere Living 2 Much Better New York

• Oiy
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

The most richest guys on earth are living in NY. Why? The poor guys called Hobos are mostly living in California.Why? The crooked guys on earth are living at the border between US and Canada, and no one is thinking about the walls .Why?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

It's largely opinion, and what attributes you value most - i.e. do you like cities, or rural areas? Do you like the ocean or the mountains? etc. 

In my opinion, the 2 places I like most in the US are - New England, and the Pacific Northwest, from about San Francisco to the Canadian border. 

But you're unlikely to get everything you want in one place - i.e. places with more amenities tend to be more expensive to live, etc. 

You want low cost of living? Try Tennessee. 

• Spence
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Oklahoma would rank pretty high as well as the Dakotas, from what I've heard.

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Not generally based on states and instead is by cities.

Cost of living is most important for retirees. Everyone else considers pay scale vs living costs for a city.

Activities are by what you like to do.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.