? asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 4 weeks ago

Can bacon taste as good as if grilled, if roasted slowly in the oven?

bacon will taste the same no matter how you cook it because the ONLY difference is heat source and length of time. I wouldn't waste the time "slow roasting" bacon.

• IvaB

The only time I cook bacon in the oven is when I make candied bacon. Otherwise, I like the convenience of a pan.

• denise

It tastes 'very' good done on a griddle pan,  but done in the oven tastes good too.

I always cook my bacon in the oven at 325° for about 15 minutes (I buy thick cut). It's flat and you can take it out whenever it's as done as you like. Plus, you get a bonus of bacon greese.

• kswck2

Short of basting it, it tastes the same by any method. 

• laura

Yes, I’ve cooked bacon in the oven many times and it is really lovely and crispy 😋goes nice in a sandwich or a recipe I love is cook chicken breast in the oven, for the last part of the time cook the bacon on top of the chicken then top with cheddar cheese and bbq sauce, serve with salad and chips 🍟