Am I an idiot if I open a small business shop during pandemic?

Wouldn't I be struggling on the next lockdown.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

No, During the current climate

• 3 weeks ago

Although this would depend on the type of business, as long as you're sufficiently capitalized, it could be a great time to.

• ?
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I think you have answered your own question. A lot of research would need to be done to ensure that the type of business you want to open, to determine what people need and will spend on.

• KTJoe
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Open business; if need to close than close. Just be sure to sale pandemic masks, and hand sanitizer. Give elbow to customers, fist bump etc..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

No, During the current climate ---I think more and more people 

are wanting and could use  a little  "wacky tobaccy"

• 3 weeks ago

Who knows?  We have no idea what your business is, whether or not you are opening it with enough 'cushion' in your finances or how you might weather a business where you could not have walk-in or appointment customers. You might be risking too much, or maybe you aren't--but there's no way for anyone here to know that. 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

No, you're not, but to keep afloat or make money, your shop should have things people need.  Shopping habits and purchases have changed since the pandemic and to make money your store needs to stand out from the others. Think about the seasons too....if you have gift items then you'd be busy for the holidays.  But after the holidays, business usually drops.  When business is slow you should have a backup plan or savings to hold you over.

• 3 weeks ago

That was your decision to make. 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

We may not have a "next" lockdown.  Most small businesses fail so there is always that.

• 3 weeks ago

Now would be a good time if you're starting a hand sanitizer business

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.