Am I an idiot if I open a small business shop during pandemic?

Wouldn't I be struggling on the next lockdown.

No, During the current climate

Although this would depend on the type of business, as long as you're sufficiently capitalized, it could be a great time to.

• ?

I think you have answered your own question. A lot of research would need to be done to ensure that the type of business you want to open, to determine what people need and will spend on.

• KTJoe

Open business; if need to close than close. Just be sure to sale pandemic masks, and hand sanitizer. Give elbow to customers, fist bump etc..

No, During the current climate ---I think more and more people 

are wanting and could use  a little  "wacky tobaccy"

Who knows?  We have no idea what your business is, whether or not you are opening it with enough 'cushion' in your finances or how you might weather a business where you could not have walk-in or appointment customers. You might be risking too much, or maybe you aren't--but there's no way for anyone here to know that. 

No, you're not, but to keep afloat or make money, your shop should have things people need.  Shopping habits and purchases have changed since the pandemic and to make money your store needs to stand out from the others. Think about the seasons too....if you have gift items then you'd be busy for the holidays.  But after the holidays, business usually drops.  When business is slow you should have a backup plan or savings to hold you over.

That was your decision to make. 

We may not have a "next" lockdown.  Most small businesses fail so there is always that.

Now would be a good time if you're starting a hand sanitizer business