Why is it that women are more emotional then men are?

I know that it’s not true for ALL women but it is for a lot of them. Why is that?

Why do men think suppressing emotion makes you a tough guy ?

Emotions are an integral part of what we are. To feel free to express emotion is not a form of weakness and even if it was, the smart guy knows the contest in life isn't to be the toughest man on the planet, it's to be the happiest.

P.S. Happy is an emotion too.

Because men are taught not to be

Estrogen, it's as simple as that.  I know some people might disagree, but I know some people that are transitioning into men . I've heard from them that once they started taking the test. It was like a dulling of their emotions

We women are emotional, because of our Hormones.  Those pesky hormones that help our bodies create and sustain new life, can also make us very angry, tearful or happy, in a blink of an eye!  Believe me, I know, what it's like when you don't want to cry during en emotional situation, but those hormones make us blubber.

Often parents of boys, will discourage their sons from showing any emotion that will make them seem 'weak', although this type of parenting is sexist, it still exists and may explain why some young men seem to be emotion less.  Or why so many young male adults resort to drug taking, drinking in excess or committing suicide.

I guess because of the different hormones we have. And just like some other user said, men were hunters so emotions could be a hindrance whereas women were nurturers so they needed to be more empathetic and emotional.

• LAN

Because for many thousands of years men were the ones that confronted their fears through combat and situations that called for them to put a lid on their emotions, usually while protecting the women they cared for.   Being overly emotional is a handicap for a hunter/warrior.   The two sexes have always had different expectations of behavior until very recently.   You can't erase Thousands of years of evolution in a few decades.

BTW  On this question...https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20200...  he gave himself best answer so I couldn't respond and tell you to just compare his and my posting history to see which one of us is mentally disturbed.  He also likes to follow my answers and post the childish rant he did here anonymously.

• martin

Women are smarter than men.  Emotions are connected to the nervous system, which is connected to the brain.

• Jesere

It's a biological factor of females.

• I don't think it's that women are more emotional then men. I think that men are taught as children to hide their emotions, thus giving the impression that women are hysterical, or over-emotional. Everyone is emotional, but because of how you were raised, you may show that emotion differently. 

Men tend to bottle their emotion up more, it's not a case of they aren't as emotional. In the 21st century in the west, women tend to be allowed to throw their weight around because nobody thinks they can do any real damage, also society has never held it against a woman if she cries in public. One of my exes teared in public and turned an entire room against me just like that. XD