Shakespeare's plays contain truths of human nature that are still relevant today. ?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Very much so I don't think human nature changes very much !

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Yes, because human nature hasn’t really changed since then. Customs and cultures maybe, but human

behavior, not so much. This is also apparent if you go back even further than Shakespeare...to the Bible and so on.

• Shahid
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Shakespeare is invisible, just as the eye of a spectator is invisible to the spectator, Shakespeare is unseen. The observing eye that might have the world in the grasp, must itself remain unnoticed, be itself unseen. Shakespeare is that eye that could see through the temporary fashions of age, the tapestry to hide away the realities of essential human nature, see through what trepidation of time do to suite mind to each age.

Shakespeare is timeless and he is ageless, the fact is, the moments he observes life, he is not but what he sees, the the people, the myriads of characters, and persona dramatic, he is the eye, the pen, and finally the word on the page.

‘… from the purpose of playing, whose end, both at the first and now, was and is to hold, as ’twere, the mirror up to nature, to show virtue her own feature, scorn her own image, and the very age and body of the time his form and pressure’ - Hamlet, Act 3 Scene 2

Source(s): Hamlet, Act 3 Scene 2
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Perhaps they do, but you haven't asked a question as required by forum rules. All you have done is make a statement. FAIL. Reported. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John P
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Oh, yes. Shakespeare certainly was an acute observer of the human spirit.

• 4 weeks ago

You ought to read the book, "Shakespeare: The Invention of the Human" by Harold Bloom.  He explains that Shakespeare is the single individual most responsible for developing the full complexity of the mind with all of its archetypal possibilities, the ups and downs of time and destiny, and our ability to picture ourselves within the flux of history.

• 4 weeks ago

If not still relevant Shakespeare’s plays would be forgotten. 

• 4 weeks ago

I went to a secondary modern school. We never did any Shakespeare. So, when I came to do my degree, 10 years after leaving school, it came as a massive surprise.

We did Hamlet. The first thing that came to my mind was:

"Wowowwwww, he must have been a psychologist who fell through a worm hole in time.

• j153e
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

For your class question, the human feelings of Romeo and Juliet, and their families, are like those of today's star-crossed lovers, etc. 

• KennyB
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

This seems more like a statement than a question.  What are you trying to ask?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.