Accounting vs. Paralegal? Help ?

So I want to receive a bachelor’s degree in either accounting or paralegal studies. I want a stable job, which is why I’m considering accounting. However, I’ve always been interested in law and I would find it much more interesting to work in the legal field assisting an attorney and all that. I don’t plan on going to law school, I would just want to work as a paralegal. But is it worth it? Would I make a good living out of being a paralegal? 

• fcas80

My guess is there are many more jobs in accounting. A large company could employ hundreds of accountants, who are not CPAs.

More important is where do your interests and abilities lie? Not everyone is happy in accounting. Start off taking Accounting 1 and see what you think.

I don't believe you need a bachelors degree to be a paralegal.  Most schools its an 18 month certificate program (plus internship) or an associates degree.  You can make a good living at it, but like everything else, you start at entry level salary and have to earn raises and better jobs.  The key to being happy in that job is finding an attorney that you get along with to work for. Good Luck!