How do I tell this girl I don't want to hang out, advice please?

So im 17 and this girl at my school is also 17 and right now school is online due to coronavirus and a few weeks ago on September 9th the girl added me on snap because she's friends with my ex and my ex gave her my snap and she's been snapping me everyday since then and I always snap her back just to be nice but I dont like her because she's socially awkward and im popular and stuff, the first day she asked if we could be friends and I said yes to be nice and every few days she asks me wyd and I respond to be nice and stuff and now last week she even kept asking if we could hangout and I kept making excuses and she kept asking about different days and eventually she asked about tomorrow or Wednesday and I just said yeah to be nice and hope shed stop asking but now she's trying to arrange it, please help? I dont like her at all 

Favorite Answer

Just keep being nice to her and try to hang out with her for a bit and see how it goes. If you still don't like her then still be nice to her and just tell her/let her down as gently as possible. But sill at least give a try.

• rick60

You may regret it after high school, then you wont be popular, in college, you will be a small fish in a big pond, so dont be stuck on yourself 

• L

Just be honest and straight to the point.............tell her you do NOT want to hang out with her.

Be honest and tell her.

I think it's amazing how you were able to cram so much information into one sentence. 

Honestly if you don't like her because she is awkward. You are going to hurt her feelings more if she finds out you are just talking to her to be nice. Stop leading her on you are not doing her a favor. Unless you intend to be her friend let her focus her energy somewhere else. Explain that you don't want to be mean but you don't think you two can be friend for personal reasons you rather not discuss and hopefully that's enough and if she wants an explanation. You are not obligated to give her one. You made your statement and its your right to chose your friends. But stop leading her. Kind regards ! 

Thanks for trying to be nice to her. That's so amazing that you don't like her because she's awkward but you're trying to be nice regardless. Spare her the humiliation and just kind of avoid communications with her so that you don't have to offend her especially since she's socially awkward. With that said, maybe you could try to lead her towards people that are similarly socially awkward. It might help to make her feel better about herself. At least respond to her once more and tell her that you can not do whatever. From then on out, you should avoid communications- contact.

Its not hard.. YOU just stop hanging with her.. GO your own way... There IS NO RULE you have to even replay to her on snap or whatever it is.. Delete and block her.. Maybe she will get the message.. WHY CARE... WHAT IS SHE TO YOU ... Friends and people come and go all through life... JUST MOVE ON.. JUST do not answer her and delete whatever she says and do not even read it in case she starts trying to make you feel guilty.. JUST IGGY HER.

"I am a snob and can't be seen with you".

• blank

Man I wish I had read this before responding to your question about what to do with the zit driving your crush away.

Clearly YOU and your shallowness are the problem!   Better pull your head out of the orifice you have jammed it in:   you are no better than anyone else.  No wonder you are freaking out about a zit.

Your lying and lack of inner strength has caused this problem with this girl.  You don't have to be cruel - just honest.  I don't want to "hang out."   Lucky for you if you feel the need to give a reason, you can use the pandemic to hide behind.

Start working on improving yourself.  It will not be long now:  soon you will be out of the tiny little high school pond that you are "all that" and popular inside.  That bubble will burst and you will find the world does not revolve around you like you think.

Good luck.  You are gonna need it.

• edward

You don’t have to like her.  You’re trying to be nice.  I hung out with people outside of school too, not one on one, it was always with a group