Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 3 weeks ago

I think my friend has put me on do not disturb on her phone and now i don't know what to do please help me ?

We both agreed we would meet soon and do something together and were both really excited at the thought of seeing each other again. No specific weekend was scheduled, but i thought why not speed things on a bit so I asked her is she free next weekend? She read my text but didn't answer. I thought maybe she forgot to reply, it was the early hours of the morning after all! So sent a similar text a few days later. Read again. Still no reply

Ever since then every text I've sent her has been left on delivered, she hasn't been opening them anymore. What really worries me most is my newest text, that was the kinda text she'd definitely answer. But she hasn't 

She's not unfriended me on facebook so i don't think I'm blocked. I think if i was blocked she would block me all over. But do not disturb is a possibility. I genuinely worry she has turned notifications off for my texts so doesn't know when I'm sending them i don't know what to do I'm not the confrontational type and i have really bad anxiety so maybe I'm overthinking, but i honestly don't think i am. Please don't tell me to ring her up or something cos we never agreed to phone, just text. And besides if I'm on do not disturb she wouldn't know I'd rung her anyway. Why couldn't she just tell me if she wasn't free?

Why is she so rude?

I don't think she's rude, but what she's done is! I think i should shed a bit more light here:

1) she will definitely not text back, she doesn't even like texting that much. 

2) Before lockdown i had to keep cancelling our plans. Maybe she is worried i will have to do it again? 

The last text she read was "don't worry about it if you're not free" could that be why she didn't answer? Cos she wasn't free? I wish i never sent the 2 followups 

• Chanel

Could you send her a private message on face book 'why are you ignoring me?'

But then leave it at that. All through life we make friends and then we lose contact with them for different reasons.

Mix and socialize with other people so that you do not have time to dwell on this situation. I know it is hard.

I thought my friend ghosted me but it turned out she had been ill for 

2 weeks and didn't want to bother me so I know how you feel.

• Cogito

Stop nagging her and just be patient.

Something may have happened to her or her family.  You can't possibly know what's happening in her life so don't judge her and call her rude.

When my mother died I didn't respond to anyone for a few months - I just couldn't.  If she gets in touch again one day, that's great.  If not, just move on.

maybe something happened to her and maybe you should go check up on her

Do you have a question for the Yahoo Answers Community? We're just regular people here not mind readers. Nobody can tell you what is/was going on in your friend's mind. 

• drip

Who knows if she is getting your texts.  If she is a friend, sooner or later they will text or call you. 

Until then put it out of your mind. Quit dwelling on contacting her. 

I think you have been ghosted...

If you have to ask this, whether she's silenced you or not, then it's obvious you have doubts about her and probably know deep down in your heart of hearts she's no good for you and is definitely not a friend. You are in denial! You cling to your hopes she will change her ways but she never will. Ever. You know this, but just refuse to admit it cos you know the truth hurts. She is selfish and secretive. And worrying and wondering all the time, the evidence is clear- You deserve much better than her!

If she doesn't regret not getting back to you she's a total cowbag and i would strongly recommend you to cut ties. From what I can gather, she doesn't have you on do not disturb, because for that to happen she would need to click on your conversation but she's kept you on delivered instead. It seems to me like she is ignoring you which is even worse. You need your head testing if you class her as a friend. She doesn't know the meaning of the word. A friend would NEVER do this. She is so bad for you, maybe you need to let her go. Don't waste your energy on someone like this. 

congratulations, you've just seen proof that she cannot be trusted. this so called friend of yours doesn't even have the decency to let you know whether she is available to see you or not. don't ever trust her with anything. NEVER tell her a secret. if she truly has put you on do not disturb, then you should know that this means she doesn't give a **** about you or your feelings, and if this is the case please don't take this. grow the confidence to confront her (trust me it can be done) and if she still isn't bothered, GET HER OUT OF YOUR LIFE. she thinks she can have you as a doormat, it's up to you to show her she can't. if she doesn't like it, then hey presto, you've definitely seen her true colours! 

I'm not being funny but if your friend really has done this she's not worth bothering about and you should forget about her. A true friend would never leave you in the dark like that, but especially an anxiety sufferer! That's sick. It might be you overthinking, maybe she has just been unavailable. But I would imagine she is aware of how much you worry. So if she had anything about her at all she would never leave you questioning these things. The fact that you are questioning whether she's done this or not, is a red flag. She is meant to be your friend. No friend would ever do something like this. It's hard when you worry, you can't see rationally and logically. But honestly it's even harder when you're not confrontational. That means you will allow people to walk all over you. If she hasn't even got the common decency to let you know she's unavailable, then do you really need her in your life? Deliberately ignoring a friend is unforgivable in my eyes. You put yourself out, and this is the thanks you get.