Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 4 weeks ago

I was injured in a car accident... will I become a Millionaire?

I was driving slowly in a parking lot when some woman ran a stop sign and T-boned me. I have $40,000 in medical bills.

No.   If you are lucky you can get your medical and damage bills paid. 

That would be a big no.  Not unless you've lost a million dollars in medical bills.

$40,000 in medical bills covers a standard trip to the emergency room plus the cost of x-rays.  You probably won't even get any compensation for pain & suffering.

I have $109K in med bills so far. My leg still isn't fixed.  3 months of pain and and a walker;  gets Old. I saw the HAMCAZ  blast off from their clubhouse, last Sat to their party place; I Wished  I could ride With them, not have to drive a Mazda to it.. I am trying to sue the county for inadequate  signage. I pray I get bills paid and a bit more to fix my Harley,  so I would Love a settlement of only $16 lousy grand.

I called  Law Tigers. AIM, Goldberg and Osborne, all of them while in rehab, none would take it. I even insisted on no anesthesia while Doc took the steel  screws  out of my leg to save $.  You in a T boned Cage......try plowing into a Hyundai with your Knee at 15,  brakes locked, then you do a gainer and end up looking up at the blue Arizona sky......hoping traffic doesn't run you over  and fuel pump Off on the bike, so you dont catch Fire...

@RR: with out doctor's statement, you are just guessing.  A GF got whiplash from an accident, it hurt her for years.  She even lost her jobs over it.

• May

No. You won't become a millionaire but you have become a dreamer.

No, you won't. You have to hire an injury lawyer and go to court.  DA JUDGE makes a DECISION on  ALL OF the evidence presented to him.

The short answer is, no, you won't.

You first have to find out how much liability insurance the woman has.  The value of your claim depends on injuries, lost wages, permanancy and any other contributing factor.  If you are fully recovered and there is enough insurance, your claim would be worth $200,000

Source(s): Retired claims adjuster.
  • Robert

Sign nothing and say nothing to anyone except your very good lawyer.  Let them deal with it