What would be a  reasonable price to ask for this  Oriental carpet?

It's 9 by 11 feet, probably machine made and about 70 years old. It does have about a 4" area of fringe missing on one edge and some moisture stains.

I inherited a 1960's hand hooked wool rug in perfect condition. Had it cleaned from the family owned rug shop where it was purchased for $137.00 way back when. They said large rugs are harder to sell but I could probably get $600.00 for it. So, if you get your rug cleaned and repaired, ask the value at that time.

Or, sell as is at a consignment shop for a couple hundred profit.

Even though it's rather large, the photos look like it has had better years. If you watch the auctions beat up rugs don't go for much and sometimes no bid at all.

Are you sure it was made in the Orient?  Frankly it is probably not worth much.

Maybe take it to a local antiques dealer, or to an auction room and get a better idea than we can give from seeing photos.

it really depends on the origin, where it was made. concerning actual value.

You should get it cleaned and repaired.  In its present condition you would be leaving money on the table if you wanted to make a proper sale. If it was me I would clean it myself and add some fringing. if it is good enough quality it would not come to any harm.

If it is wool and once was a high end carpet, get it cleaned and repaired before trying to sell it.

As it is now, it's only suitable for someone's garage or unfinished basement in which case someone probably wants the cheapest carpet possible.   No one wants to pay to put a damaged, stained old carpet in their living space.   Goodwill wouldn't even take it in it's current condition.