Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 4 weeks ago

Does America really have more crime than most other countries, such as those in Europe and Asia? Why or why not?

I mean, if you pay attention to their news and crime shows, it seems that very bad things happen every week, and it's not just school shootings

• james

Yes. Drugs are  big problem in America.  Also a unwillingness to work at a job.  When you can make more on the street.  You go on wellfare. Get all paid for.  Then work 2 or 3 days a week selling drugs or your booty & make more than you can working by far.  This leads to crime. Asia you don't want to work a job. You know hunger  fast. & there prisons are Shat holes. If you are alive to get there. Europe I am not familiar enough to speak about.  

It depends, if you just only compare white Americans crime rate, its about the same as Europe.

• Foofa

Not more than "most" other countries because much of the world is pretty violent. But likely more so than any EU nation. 

Yes.  For these reasons: 1) Letting each state make its own gun laws, instead of having uniform, nationwide ones, 2) the shear number of guns, and 3) a severe, dire shortage of immigrants, which is getting worse.  Immigrant communities in the U.S. have very little crime; the U.S. has more crime than Europe and Asia, but only in the parts of the U.S. that don't have enough immigrants to prevent the crime.

I am from Central America you Gringo son of a Bitsch, which Country are you talking about?

Where ever you have big cities you will have crime, no matter what the continent. The US has more gun related crime purely because more guns are available than in most places in Europe or Asia.

The US is flooded with guns.

I've been to Brazil and I've been to the United States and Brazil is far worse when it comes to crime.