Do you find this weird or not ? ?

Do you find this weird for a black guy to have a name named Travis because the name is Not a black name ? 

Favorite Answer

There are plenty of black guys named Travis...Trevor.... black guys have all kinds of names ranging from French to African to English, to Arabic to Hebrew, and even made-up concocted names. People like the names that they like, though some people have better taste than others.

Until recent years

Black people had what we consider normal names.

I didn't know names had a colour. You need to grow up.

My next door neighbor is black, and his name is Larry. The black lady across the street is Mary. One of my best friends and co-worker is black, and his name is Bob. I did work with a black dude years ago named Travis, he was an accountant or something, but still cool. My black friend from down the street is Duron, is that black enough for you? So whats your point Marquise? Whats up with the racist bs? Its a name.

For the 1000 time no it’s not ******* weird. Give it up. Names aren’t defined by color. It’s not a white person name 

They Have had Anglo-Saxon names since the founding of the US. William, Charles, etc.

Who says Travis isn't a black name? There are plenty of black men named Travis, including a number of black athletes and black rappers. 

No I may be the only Southerner who regards African Americans as "Southerners". I'm from the class who owned slaves. My great great great grandfather established an academy for the sons of Charleston's wealthiest planters to teach them Ancient Languages and spoke in favour of Secession at the 1860 Democratic Convention and, after the War, collected 12,000 names of the Glorious Dead for the Governor of South Carolina and declined to receive payment for having done so. Other real Southerners of my class are exasperated with me and do NOT consider Blacks to be Southerners. Nor do Blacks themselves identify as Southerners. But, I look at it from the distance with which we regard Ancient Egypt and, if not Southerners, whatever else can they possibly be. In a real sense, their collective amnesia has created a disconnect. Whether pharoah, free or slave, one who participated in the culture of Ancient Egypt, was an ancient Egyptian. There's power in ownership, should one be able to swallow owning it. 

Source(s): Heru Ruwenzori

I doubt rapper Travis Scott or Travis (Taco) Bennett or the musician Travis Greene or choreographer Travis Payne or former quarterback Travis Cole or musical artist Travis Mendes or the thousands of other black men named Travis have a problem with it.

Dude - just stop with the stereotypes.  You just look ignorant.

• John P

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, you Americans do have a thing about black and white, don't you.  I suppose you were overjoyed when colour photography took over from black-and-white.

In what way does any name belong to any community or skin tone?

I live in Britain, and I feel that, if anything, Travis sounds like a black American name.

To Helene:  Sadly, you only have to remember that Haiti was a colony of France, and that moist Haitians are black.

• helene

No. 

"Marquise" is French, so how is THAT a black name if Travis (also French origin) isn't?