Is hfs allowed to disobey a judges order?

On August 24th the judge ordered for the child support case to be terminated and any arrears to be set to zero.

Is past due the same as arrears?

Do I need to go back to court to ask the judge to set past due to zero?

Who can I contact because HFS is ignoring the judge's order and sending me threatening notices of offsetting my taxes so spending my driver's license even though they have given the court orders that was just signed in August

2 Answers

  • 1 month ago

    i would ask a lawyer about it

  • J
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

    I’m not too familiar with the child support system since I have no kids, but I’ll tell you what I know. Arrears is the same thing as the past due amount. I suggest you show the papers from the court to anyone that’s trying to take money from you. I’m sure the court gave you (or can give you) a document showing that you owe nothing. If there’s still a problem, get a lawyer. It should be a simple thing to fix, but clerical errors from courts can be a headache. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.