Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 3 weeks ago

What were white people thinking when they brought slaves to America?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • falcon
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

They ****** USA big time by bringing slaves here

• 2 weeks ago

They ****** USA big time by bringing slaves here,,,,,,,,

• 3 weeks ago

The British were the first to bring slaves in North America in the early 1600's - U. S. and Canada.

• L
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

We did NOT bring slaves to America!!!  Southern Plantation owners were having a difficult time finding people to pick their crops for them.  Some person, just happened to hear about slaves being sold and thought it might be a good idea to get some.  I don't know who owned the Slave Ships, but these ships brought slaves to the southern American shores and sold the slaves on the docks to the highest bidders.  These people then traveled, with slaves, to southern plantations and were sold to plantation owners.  The southern plantation owners were grateful to get help; provided places for them to live, fed them, clothed them and educated them. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • KTJoe
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Slaver traders brought in chains Africans, and other cultures to America than selling them working them in inhumane way called slaves. What was on their minds, you be the judge.

• 3 weeks ago

Cheap labor. Slaves were sold into slavery by other black people.

• JOHN B
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

I've been given all this land by the King.....how am I going to work this?

• 3 weeks ago

Well, they sure weren't thinking that the love of money is the root of evil

• Prince
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

They weren't "thinking". In fact, that is the whole Point. Southerners checked out mentally long ago. They can regurgitate facts and pass tests but the ability to think critically went out with the capacity for self examination. They react and instinctively self protect but don't transcend the knee jerk reactions. Look at Lindsay Graham and all who mispronounce "I" as Aaaaa. Aaaaa. Heavens what a sound. NOT the way true aristocrats pronounced it. NOT the way Hoi Potamoi taught it. It's not good elocution. Vestigial wrath. 

• 3 weeks ago

Uh, cheap labor.

• 3 weeks ago

maybe they werent thinking

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.