?
? asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 4 weeks ago

Is it illegal for your boss to alter your time punch and take away hours you worked?

Let me clarify that I don't think it was malicious because I get along well with my boss.  But after switching to a new system that tracks our hours, I am really questioning if we're getting paid correctly.

The week of the 14th, I worked 41 hours.  I have it on multiple clock out slips.  On the payroll report sent yesterday it said 33 hours, taking me completely off of Saturday the 19th.  Since it's already sent to payroll, I'm guessing I lost those hours already.

I'm going to talk to my boss tomorrow about this obviously but it's proven my theory that this system is causing people to not get paid what they work.

Is this something my state's labor board should look into?  Where else can I go to address this?

You haven't lost those hours.  They still have to pay them.  You need to see if an error is being made first and allow them to address it.

Bahaha! They did that when I worked in the jail for the sheriff's office.