Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 3 weeks ago

Do you think my teacher is rude?

My high school history teacher often: 

1. Plays that creepy music from Halloween during tests. He says it "set the tone." 

2. Today he told our class there was: "a large spider here a few minutes ago. I dunno where it went, but it's here somewhere," causing us girls to freak out. 

Is it rude for him to do these things?

• Cathy

I wouldn't like it if I were in his class. He probably thinks this is his shtick, or thinks he's funny or something. Or maybe it's his way of relieving the boredom of his job. The person that suggested writing an anonymous letter to the principal had a good idea. Let them know you don't like it and how it makes you feel.

how about a teacher that throws a bowling ball pin across the room when he gets mad at the kids in class , he also makes kids sniff each others butts untill they find the one that farted , this so called poor excuse of a teacher won teacher of the year award boy talk about desperation they made that award worthless

it might be rude

He has an immature sense of humour, but it's hardly "rude".

• JuanB

You only have 2 examples?  He's hilarious.  Wish my History Teacher was like that.  Tell us more!

I can see it now.  "It's test time, The Horror!  The Horror!"

• He has alternative humour.

Your teacher may feel he is being amusing but important to remember, humor is subjective.  If you truly feel your teacher is being inappropriate, follow up with the School Administration.

• .

Teaching is what it is and - teachers are always teaching.   

Teachers are sociopaths who are trying to change you and be memorable.

They make you stronger and more coordinated in dealing with social studies issues.  

Spiders and Halloween do no harm to good people.  

it sounds rude to me too

he is trying to get attention. write a note to the principal anonymously.