Is communism a good system if everyone has a job and pays no taxes?

I guess that Trump is a communist, then.

No, of course not. Under communism, there is no incentive for anyone to work hard, innovate, or create value, since everyone gets equal pay no matter what, and all means of production are owned communally. Communism benefits the government, not the everyday citizens. Equality of opportunity is what works, not equality of outcome.

• rodcom

If everyone has a job, and you get paid no matter how hard you work, then why would you work hard?  That is the downfall of communism, it takes away incentive to work.

• Troy

It doesn't fit with the human condition. It might  work well for Hobbits or Gnomes or Swedes or some other fanciful creatures.

• Dan

No, there's no incentive to do good work and succeed. 

First, I want to know why some states don't have sales tax and are doing just fine. 

I think I prefer something more like a welfare state rather than communism

Everyone has a job because they're slaves.

no, it sucks because everyone is brainwashed

There is the economic system and the dictator needed to enforce it.   The idea of the economic system is OK but then you have to have a strong arm to enforce it and of course THEY do not have to live by the same rules.    Not much different than the USA where the political leaders have a different set of rules than the common folk. 

no, communism is a horrible system