Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 weeks ago

If God is omniscient then why would he test Job and let terrible things happen when he would know if Job kept his faith?

• Snow

Job was tested by Satan, not God. Satan accused God of showing favoritism and protecting Job. And said that is the only reason why Job was so faithful. Satan told God to take everything away from Job and to see if his faith changes. God said no, but allowed Satan to prove his case. Satan could do whatever he wanted, but he was not allowed to kill Job. Satan took on the challenge and failed. 

James 1:13 says “13 When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone.” 

From this scripture we see that God does not test people. The evil in the world is because of Satan. God wants the best for humans, and in return He expects our best to be given to Him. Humans have enough to deal with, why would a loving God add to that? 

Jehovah, not God, knew what Job would do, but Job needed these last, terrible lessons to become perfect.

JobChapter 42

1 Then Job answered the LORD, and said,

2 I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee.

3 Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.

4 Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.

5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.

6 Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

To prove Satan a liar, and even though Job was imperfect like any other human he proved his love, and loyalty to our Creator Jehovah God, that's why Jehovah bless him with all his riches, and in the new coming system, everlasting life. For more information JW.ORG

God uses means to display His power and glory.

JOB is FICTION made up by one of the Prophets. No parent would accept that new children can replace dead ones; just one of many flaws in the poorly conceived story. A little research will show you which prophet made up Job's story.

He wanted to reward Job and bring him into far greater blessing.

In the old testament God was a cruel as any enemy could ever be as back then that was what the world was made up of who could be the most evil ruled. 

you need to ask god this question

Men rarely (if ever) manage to dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child.

-Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love