Religious people, if God wanted anything from me, why wouldn't he tell me himself? ?

Have you ever been in a situation at work where a coworker says "The boss told me to tell you to do this or that"? Maybe you're at home and your brother or sister says "Mom and dad told me to tell you to do this or that". Would you be wrong for being suspicious? Do you immediately trust them just because they are family? Why do I have to rely on 2,000 year old holy books and pastors to tell me what God wants from me? Does he not respect me enough to speak to me directly? Can he really blame me for being skeptical if I'm just trying to avoid making the same mistake Eve did? What makes a priest any different than the snake in the garden? Why should I trust anyone who dares to speak for God? He created everyone equally, but I'm supposed to believe some of us have a special connection to him? 

If God is telling me anything, I think he's saying that he doesn't exist or at the very least he's apathetic to everything going on in the world. I can't blame him for not caring, he didn't create most of these problems so it shouldn't be his responsibility to fix them. Honestly, I feel like if I could convince people to stop relying on God I'd ironically be doing God's work because to me, it seems like this is what he wants. Would my actions be any less justifiable than a pastor's? If I said to you this is what God told me to do, who are you to say I'm wrong?

• Paul

He did. He founded one Church, said it was to reman one, and promised that one Church "The Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth", and "Whatsoever you bind upon Earth is bound in Heaven", and "He who hears you hears Me". Anyone who reads the Bible should know this. God Himself telling you exactly where you can find His truth. What more do you want? He didn't tell us to follow the Bible (no surprise since the Bible didn't exist yet), and the doctrinal chaos of Protestantism demonstrates what happens we we seek truth somewhere other than the one source of truth God provided.

• Ralph

The fact of the matter: God does: it is in his holy word the bible, we are to be obedient and too spread God The Lord Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior holy word the bible throughout the entire world so that some might become saved. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God. and the word of God is the bible only.

Source(s): King James holy bible

He gives us apostles, prophets, scriptures, and even our own experiences with him to help us learn truth, grow, and mature.  Carpe diem.

Theists believe that he is telling you - and that sometimes he uses other 'believers' to tell you things.

You just have to be open to what they are saying (i.e. - gullible).

You condemn yourself because you should seek God for yourself but you use the error of others as an excuse not to.

If you belief and practice as according to the only religion of GOD, being send down for all mankind, from the beginning till the end of the human races , then you would see how GOD order and teach mankind how to lead their lives on this earth, to become successful , both in this world and the hereafter world to become heaven dwellers . That is why GOD said, thee is no religion of GOD in those who do not use their intellect.

• Indeed. He is a very poor communicator.

2 Chron. 7:14 explains God's part and mankind's part.

God told me i would speak to a synague of satan 

Because God doesn't want spiritually lazy disciples whom he has to spoon feed everything.

Jesus did not want disciples who were spiritually callous, blind and dull of hearing, and thus wanted to be spoon fed everything, but instead wanted ones who were spiritually hungry enough to want to figure out spiritual things on their own. (That was the purpose behind his teaching in parables; Mt 13:10-16.)   We get a hint of this from the following passage. 

Now when Jesus came into the parts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, “Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?” ... Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God” Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven(Mt 16:13-18).

And then he went on to tell them NOT to tell anyone who he truly was. As said, he did NOT want to spoon feed people, but rather have them figure out things like who he was on their own.

Heb 11:6  But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. 

You're simply going to have to put in some diligent effort into seeking God out if you ever expect to be rewarded by him.  God rewarded Peter's efforts, but that's because Peter put some mental muscle into the effort.  You want faith in God?  You're going to have to go through the laborious process of getting into and studying his word like everyone else.

Rom 10:17  So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.