Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 3 weeks ago

If you are a parent would it hurt you if your child Googled suicide often?

I am not a parent but am a middle-aged man who thinks about suicide often as a way to end problems.

Favorite Answer

Yes, it would hurt me if I was a parent of a child who googled suicide often. I would sit down with my child and ask them why they were googling suicide often.  I would wonder why my child was googling suicide often and what I could do to help my child with their problems. Suicide is not a way to end problems and actually causes more problems. Suicide ends problems for the person who commit's suicide but suicide creates problems for the living survivors who are left to deal with the aftermath and grief of the person who died from suicide. 

• Spence

Of course. I would try moving to another town myself.  I am 54 and am having the worst year in many in 2020, so I kind of get it.  Seek counseling if you feel you need to. Best of luck.

• Ben

It's concerning, yes. You should be searching for positive and uplifting things.

Google is the best way now solved all problem 

• Petter

Yes, of course.