Blank blue screen?

About 10 mins after getting a password set up with computer hope, the screen went blue,Lenovo logo came up and preparing automatic repair with the balls going around. It did that for 3hours until I shut down the computer by holding down the power button. That was 3 weeks ago. The only change is now the screen shows please wait and the balls for 10mins., at that time the screen goes blank except for the faint blue screen, at witch time it will stay like that all day. I have tried rebooting, taking the battery out, plugged into only AC, holding down different keys. With the screen blank, I can not get into any programs, file explorer etc. no search box. I am dead in the water. Any answers Please use simple words. I have tried removing the Rams 1at a time. The laptop. Is a Lenovo Ideapad 500

Thank you Fred

Marvinator I had put a disk in of another type just to see if it would come up on the screen, it did not but it was going around. Does it have to come up to work? Thank you Fred

Blue screens are generally caused by problems with your computer's hardware or issues with its hardware driver software. Sometimes, they can be caused by issues with low-level software running in the Windows kernel. Regular apps usually won't be able to cause blue screens.

Select Troubleshoot on the Choose an option screen.    Click on Advanced options.    Click on Start Settings.    Click the Restart button.    After your computer reboots, press F4 or the 4 key to select Enable Safe Mode.

Do you have a Windows 10 install disk/usb?  You might try running a repair of the installation from that disk before you take it to a tech.  (Note: Be SURE you do NOT format the disk when using the install disk/usb. You want to repair the install, not replace it.) 

it needs a technician.  as you say -- 'dead in the water'  -- this means the problem is beyond your ability.  what the tech will do is boot the laptop from USB using a hard disk manager/detector program.  he'll use that to first fix any storage problems, then he'll check the BIOS/UEFI settings, then he'll reboot it using a windows repair tool if the earlier work doesn't give good results.  And then he'll run a comprehensive anti-malware program, also from USB.  He can also deploy a variety of hardware detection tools.