In Nevada car registration question?

I recently purchased a vehicle almost a month ago in Nevada And I am moving to Texas in literally less than a week my temporary tag is almost out and I’m trying to figure out what I should do about my registration can I just register a vehicle I bought in Nevada and Texas where do I have to register it in Nevada first? but then I wouldn’t be here to get plates if I leave

will I have to switch my insurance to register my car in Texas?

I mean to say in not and*

• Bill

Request an extension from Nevada and register it in Texas.

You have to switch your insurance anyway,

Thanks all I will be making it to texas before they expire and the governor of Texas gave every one til the end of the year to register meaning when I get there I'm am free to drive on   an expiredtag for a bit ..I'm not going to do that though I'll be getting it registered as soon as I get there

You have to switch your insurance anyway, because you need insurance for where you will be living.

• Ron

You won't be driving it to Texas, legally, with expired temp tags. If you can make it there before they expire, you can do what's required of Texas to register it there. Namely, get a safety inspection, get insurance (because all states require insurance coverage from a company legally operating in their state) and get it done

a) If your vehicle is currently unregistered, you obviously need to register it. Have you not done that yet? If not and you've been driving it - epic fail. Big $$ if you get caught.

.

b) If the car isn't registered and you are a Texas resident then you can get a 10-day temporary tag from Nevada that will allow you to drive  to Texas and register it there. If you are a Nevada resident, you'll have to get a Nevada full registration and then get a Texas registration when you get there. Nevada will send you a pro-rated refund if you apply for it 

.

c) If the car is already registered in  Nevada, and you are a Nevada resident, and you are either in the military or will be going to college in Texas, then  you can keep the Navada registration unless you are planning to move to Texas permanently. 

d) Quote: "recently ...almost a month ago"? You didn't need to say both; one or the other was sufficient. Your communication skills are sloppy. 

.

e) Quote: "I am moving to Texas in literally less than a week". Literally is an unnecessary word here and is also improper to use in this context. Bad habit.

.

f) Your lack of capitalization and punctuation sucks. Learn how so that what you write is not only correct, but easier to read and make sense of. Fail

• k w

I'd get on the state registration site, first nevada then texas with new address handy and try that, at least you will be in the system as registered and go from there....probably wait a day or 2 from 1 state to the next.....you 1st may wanna stop off at the local cop-shop and ask them first, as moving just may F things up really bad, you better check first, and the cops may not know either, cuz moving so soon before completing the registration, just screws up the works....