Around what decade does music start losing quality?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

I really think it has more to do with the type of music. There's still great music being made in all categories. You just have to find it. For example, just because it's on a popular radio station doesn't make it good. But this question is mostly opinion based. For example, a fan of Taylor Swift will say that Taylor Swift makes the best music. While a fan of Pink Floyd will say they make the best music. The best music is the music you prefer. Pretty much based on opinion.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

There was an orgasm of a new music between '67 and '76.

After that, corporations started putting out CRAP, because they realized

most people are tone deaf, and profit is easy pandering garbage to the insensible.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

after the mid 90's it started to deteriorate.

• 4 months ago

EXACTLY in the early-mid 90's, with some wiggle room depending.

Around 1993 or 1994, The corruptive production of music started becoming pretty obvious in terms of the relative decibel volume.  Before the over-remastering of older albums, you could play a CD of a new artist and an old artist and never change the volume and hear the new artist's song(s) were much louder with fewer instruments and much less variation in the musical phrases.  

It's called the Loudness War.  Any producer that says they don't have to deal with that is not a real producer.  There might have been many other degradations in music before and after those years, but that one phenomenon is pretty significant over everything else.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

The late 80s/early 90s.

• 4 months ago

Don't blame music for the death of your corrupted industry, heathen. It's doing just fine. Find some!

• Huh?
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Whichever decade you turned 30 in, usually.

• 4 months ago

I would say the 1960's. 

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

At the beginning of the 1990's.

• 4 months ago

It's all down to personal taste and what genres you listen to, for me personally being mainly into Rock and Pop I think the 90's.  Alternative Rock darlings like REM and Nirvana signing to major labels and being endorsed by MTV and in general record companies being more interested in legacy acts and reissues and no longer taking risks or investing in talent.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.