Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Is this guys life over, it cant be this bad?

This guy has tried for 9 years to get ssi. The government has declared him able to work not at a low stress job but a high demanding job. He has bi polar, anxiety, depression,  aspergers. Hes diabetics,  heart issues, bad legs. Hes lawyer dropped him saying look dude get a job and move out of your parents house.  Hes job rehab dropped him too, so low stress jobs are not happening. He would have to work high demanding jobs. His lawyer said well since you have been out of work for 8 years nobody will hire you anyways plus with all health and mental issues he has.  Hes declared a risk. Hes medicaid is over so he cant afford meds for mental health or his insulin  and heart meds. So right there he will die.  It gets worse, when his parents die  they are poor anyways so he will be homeless. He has no friends, nobody wants nothing to do with him.  His enemies are trying to jump him. He has alot of warrants that will put him in prison.  He has no car or license which explain why the cops never get him. Hes gonna be wondering streets with no money no nothing and mental issues and health issues. Then has to think are people going to jump me, am I going to be arrested. He wants to commit suicide but he isn't  yet until hes homeless then his life is over. He has no shrink, no therapist because no insurance. This is a really bad situation.  Hes never had a friend or a gf in his life

• Robert

I have seen what can happen to mentally ill people who have been denied any type of help. They lay in their own excrement, flies crawling all over them. Some wear filthy rags, others cry out in torment begging for food. Have any of you seen this in person like I have, if not get out of your suburban fantasy world! I challenge any of you to spend three days sleeping on concrete side walks going without food maybe enduring the cold and rain. All life including mentally ill people I demand deserves to be sustained.

Source(s): I have schzophrenia that is in remission
  • Willie

He must think he was born to be fed free all of his life.

What has he earned? I be what I be, but trust me that I paid my price for such from The School of Hard Knocks. To expand on my injury, a TBI, would've truly killed me in the past. I lived. That's the thing. I know that I paid my dues. Can the same be asked of them? Savvy?

Sounds like he could improve his self sufficiency and then this would elevate his self respect.

This is a pretty typical story to hear from those who rely solely on the welfare system, or dependency on parents, friends, churches or other enabling sources.

What is the endpoint to all of this??  

Are you writing about your own situation??

• Audrey

If things are really that bad, maybe he should turn himself in on one of those warrants. In jail he'll get food, a roof over his head, medical care, therapy. A chance to pull himself together.

Things are going to get better even if they seem hopeless. For example, Mandela spent 27 years in prison. He stayed strong and was released and became president of his country and did a lot of good and had a great and happy life because he stayed alive. I know of someone who was severely depressed for many years and was able to recover and live a happy life. There was a time I felt hopeless and miserable but now I am very happy I decided to stay alive.

Source(s): .

I have a friend like you. He has bipolar disorder, anxiety, depression, borderline personality disorder, and lives at home with abusive parents.

He gets by because he absolutely loves the Lord, and the Lord takes care of him.

I really can't offer you any advice, but if you like, I will ask people to pray for you.