GANGSTA Anime tv show canceled. How to bring it back??

Hello,

I've recently got into a new show on Hulu called "Gangsta." (Set in a dark city called Ergastulum, it follows the journey of two handymen called Nicolas and Worrik who work together to do the dirty jobs that others won't do).

It's a really fantastic show that unfortunately only has one season. I believe the company that made it, went bankrupt right after so it never got to finish the show. I know it's a long shot, but I am wondering or what I can do myself to help better the chances of bringing it back or having another network pick it up. I have started a Petition to bring awareness but don't know what else I could do to gain more attention or support to revive the show.

(Also, I'm aware about the author and her health problems but I would argue you don't necessarily need her to continue the show if they (network) write more content).

Any help is welcome and much appreciated.

Thanks so much.

HERE'S THE PETITION!!!!

http://chng.it/nbnQt6MK

I see there are answerers on here extrapolating what they know about tv shows they watch to anime. It's not obvious that what they know about other hulu shows wouldn't apply to anime, but it doesn't apply. Most anime is only one season, even just 13 episodes a lot of times. Anime isn't "cancelled", just most aren't huge enough to continue. It's not about bad ratings, it's because it didn't stand out anime the two hundred anime that air in a given season

Studios generally won't continue an anime in an authors absence, it's basically unheard of so if the author is out of the picture, then the picture itself will not continue.

It's important to understand that this isn't about money. It's about Japan and what's popular with Japanese audiences. Hulu and netflix don't have influence over what studios in Japan decide to do. All hulu does is pay for the license to broadcast it. They don't matter, and it's not their show in any sense beyond getting permission to air it.

It probably wont help..Ratings might be bad..

There's a reason why the series was cancelled after one season.  Perhaps low ratings and the bankruptcy of the company contributed to the end of the series.  You can start by sending your petition to the author of the show but I wouldn't count on seeing the series returning.

you might not be able to bring it back

I signed your petition. That was a pretty cool anime.