Why don’t we as Americans just move to South Africa?

But it seems like a nice place climate wise, has nice beaches in an interesting historyEn mass

Course I know it’s a troubled country But it seems like a nice place climate wise, has nice beaches and an interesting history. 

Also their people are beautiful, beautiful communities,

Like why the hell not?

Ever occur to you that South Africans may not want millions of Americans invading them?

• funnel

Vietnam was beautiful before during and after the war. Way more before and after but still beautiful. Get it? Hatred is everywhere. Want to live where you are in peace or move to where you think is more beautiful but live in fear?

If you mean white Americans then--no way. The same things are going to happen to white south Africans as happened to white Zimbabewans, since Mugabe took over.

They're being subjected to violence and slowly moving out of the country. The population of European decendants, in Zimbabwe has gone down 50% since the 1980s

Source(s): I assume you're not a troll.
  • Andrew

Assuming that by "Americans" you are referring to citizens of the United States, it might be a good idea to look into the way things work with citizens of one country attempting to emigrate to another... No country on the planet allows foreigners to enter and remain there indefinitely without going through some type of process. Sovereign nations are not in the habit of opening their doors to people who are simply disillusioned with life in their own country. 

There are generally five ways to put yourself in a position to remain in a foreign country for an extended period of time: 

The first is to be approved for a work or study visa which may enable you to gain a substantial amount of time as a foreign resident, which in turn could lead to you being able to use that time as points on your record if you choose to apply for permanent residency later - though there may be other requirements as well, and it's not a guarantee that having remained in the country for a lengthy period of time might be enough to qualify... 

The second is to submit an official request for residency, and while this process differs from one place to another, most countries are looking for people who meet a specific age requirement, people who have completed a certain level of education, people who possess a skill that's in demand in that particular country, and people who possess the monetary means to support themselves so that the government of the host country won't need to provide for their basic needs. The applicant would also likely need to pass a background check at the federal level and to provide character references, and in some cases may need to be sponsored by someone who is currently a citizen of that country. 

The third is to marry a citizen of that country and to go through the legal channels of becoming a legal resident.

The fourth is to apply to invest in that country. This doesn't always lead to permanent residency, but many developed countries do allow people who invest large sums of money to apply for residency. The specific minimum amount to qualify obviously differs from one place to another. It might be as little as a few tens of thousands of dollars to several hundred thousand and up.   

The last would be to apply to enter that country as a refugee. This is by far the most difficult as the process is generally fairly arduous and lengthy and there are quite a few boxes to be ticked to be accepted. 

I'm not sure what your own personal experience with South Africa might be. I have been there several times myself and it's certainly not a place I would want to live. I was there for the first time back in the late 90s and my most recent visit was 2016 and the country had changed dramatically in those twenty years, definitely for the worse. 

It's also an incredibly varied place - it's roughly three times the size of the US state of California, and there is an incredible amount of variety in terms of climate, landform, and demographics from one place to another. 

I have quite a few mates from South Africa and those who are in a position to be able to live elsewhere have taken advantage of it. The UK, Australia and New Zealand are home to many South Africans who have left. One mate of mine is currently waiting to be called for an interview to emigrate to Canada, and because he is still fairly young, is well-educated and has a substantial amount of money, it's likely that he will be approved and will head off within the next few years. 

South Africa will almost certainly be in much worse shape in the next 20 years and I couldn't possibly imagine why anyone in any highly developed first world Anglophone nation would ever consider moving there unless there were some extraordinary circumstances involved. 

If you don't like the way things are in your country, work to change them. If that's a losing battle, then do what you need to do to make yourself a desirable candidate for immigration to another country.  

• John P

If I wasn't thinking that you are a troll, I might remind you about entry visas etc if you want to stay for more than a few weeks.

I have, from time to time, contemplated relocating to another country. Not because I have a problem being a citizen of the US, but more for the sense of adventure and the possibilities in helping the nation where I land become a nice place (or just enjoy if it already is!). I have wondered about South Africa as I see it has much to offer. It's problems would seem to be large, but can be fixed. 

Perhaps because South Africa already is what the Democrat Party wants to do to the USA:

https://thenewamerican.com/south-africa-facing-whi...

Because they don't need illegal immigrants in THEIR country.

Duh.

• Foofa

South Africa has immigration standards just like every other nation and no country would want to host the 340 million of us. 

I prefer to stay where I am, but if Biden wins, I might reconsider.