Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 4 weeks ago

are the 60's bands your cup of tea eg The rolling Stones, The Beatles, Beach Boys etc?

• Jim

CCR was my favorite 60's band, the first band I really got into. The Beatles are one of my favorite groups. I like the Stones and The Who somewhat. 

• Cahuel

My favorite band from the 60's was CCR. 

Yeah, some of them were good. You can't just dismiss a whole are just like you can't dismiss the modern day songs!

• dman63

I’ve always liked the ‘60’s bands, and I still listen to them today.  Beatles, Stones, Cream, Jefferson Airplane, CCR, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Santana, The Who, Eric Burdon and the Animals - lots of great music.

• Vela

Yes.  The first band I called my favorite was The Beach Boys. That was when I was a young teenager.  Late high school I discovered the Beatles and they are a favorite still today.  I like many Stones tunes but they never moved me as much. 

Yes, they make me dance around my house.

Yes, I like them a lot.

• Very much so, love 60's music, those songs will never grow old for me.

For me - Gerry and the Pacemakers, The Hollies, The Moody Blues. 

They were in the sixties, yes, but that was sixty years ago! Mid sixties to mid seventies was a great time for music - there was so much that had never been done, so many new sounds and ideas, so many different kinds of music - and the bands you mention were at the forefront.

I've not listened to The Stones for years,The Beatles split fifty years ago and The Beach Boys seems to be a tribute band formed by Mike Love. 

There was some great music produced in the 60s and the 70s and I still listen to it sometimes (Family were my favourite band). I don't really care how old or new the things are that I listen to. I've been listening lately to Cosmo Sheldrake whose whole musical output has been in the last few years. The other day though I played the whole of Bandstand (an album from the early 70s).