HOW TO MAKE SHORT THREADED PIPE?

Give some real pipe size and length.  Short isn't very descriptive.  Are you wanting what is called a nipple?  Or maybe a close nipple? 

I recommend that you just buy it already made.

Start with piping of correct diameter.  Die cut, single point, roll form are three ways to thread pipe, depending on quantity, and required accuracy.  For me, I'd buy what I needed.  If what I needed wasn't exactly available, I would consider modifying exactly what I thought I needed so I could use something off the shelf.  It's almost always dumb to make a part you can buy. A short pipe with threads?  Not usually.

You can buy pipe in just about any length all ready threaded. Just check with your hardware store or home improvement center/

One way to thread a short nipple is to thread one end of a pipe, cut the pipe to the length you want, screw it into a coupling, clamp the coupling into a vice, thread the other end of the nipple. You may need a nipple remover to unscrew it from the coupler.

• Jim

Cut tread one end normally.

Reverse cut thread

Cut, deburr, buff

• Joseph

Start with a long one and cut it down to required length.