Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

Why is it bad to be skeptical of vaccines?

Those are the public have the right to be cautious of what they put into their bodies? The media keeps ridiculing anyone who's skeptical of vaccines. 

Doesn't the public have a right to be skeptical of what they put into their bodies especially with past history of medical blunders?

Why does the media need to ridicule people?

There are really old people who are very healthy who got hardly any vaccines when they were younger. Because every year they keep increasing the number of vaccines that school kids are mandated to get. I am almost 65 and when I was younger we probably only got about five. But my son who was born in 2000 and has had many many times more than that. I didn’t want him to get them. His mother did though. And some of them are just ridiculous like the HPV vaccine which they’re trying to give to boys because it started killing and crippling too many girls. So they started marketing it for boys which is ridiculous. All these vaccines are dangerous because they have ingredients in them which are designed to  stimulate a massive immune response. Like aluminum and many other things that should not be in your body. If I could do it all over again I would not let my kid get any vaccines or just the bare minimum. And I think that they do contribute to autism because autism can be caused by a swelling of the brain in these vaccines are known to cause swelling in the entire body including the brain 

I don't ever think it's a bad thing to question things, as most of the things we watch and learn about want to push a certain agenda. 

like you said, the media DOES ridicule those who refuse to have vaccinations. However, it generally points out those who don't listen to both sides. Those people generally read articles of the information they want to perceive as correct, regardless if it's bias and severely out of date (at least from the media I watch). 

regardless, everyone has a choice to do whatever they want with their body. I don't think anything is wrong with not getting vaccinated, because in the end they're only subjecting themselves to diseases they can't fight off (that other, vaccinated, immune people may carry).

It's a touchy subject for many, and I can respect where *some* people come from, as long as their reasoning isn't totally off the rail, as it is their body and everyone should have control over their body. But they should understand that if they were to get sick of measles or denied access to college or another country because the refuse to take medical precautions, there's really no-one else to blame but themselves (I've seen in the past individuals cursing doctors for not being able to prevent/save/cure family/themselves).

good question :)

Mostly because the doubts people voice about vaccines have no basis in fact but come from fear-mongers who, at best, misinterpret data to serve their own agenda. The alleged link to autism has been thoroughly disproved, for instance.

Herd immunity is a proven fact, though, so in communities where too few are vaccinated, those who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons are at risk for diseases we could easily eradicate.

I'd be fine with all public schools, including community and state colleges, requiring vaccination or a medical excuse before you can attend.

I'm also okay with poking fun at people who choose internet memes over scientific fact.

I'm 70, and I've known people whose lives were cut short or radically changed by polio, measles, and mumps before vaccines were available. If you want to see what living in a world without vaccines is like, visit a cemetery with gravestones over 100. You see family plots where they lost grandma, dad, and seven of the nine kids in a 12-day period to cholera or typhoid fever.

• Jim

I lean left, but I think it's good to be skeptical of vaccines, especially after the Tuskegee experiment.

But do most vaccines work? Yes, they do boost your immunity.

• donnie

It’s not bad to question things.