Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 3 weeks ago

Do face tattoos set you up for failure? ?

Im not referring to people with dace tattoos that are actors, or in bands, but like your average joe. On occasion ill see homeless people and their face absolutely covered in tats. I know you shouldnt judge a book by its cover, but alot of high paying jobs wont even hire someone with face tats. So i my question is, will face tats set you up for failure in life? Aside from people whom i mentioned above

1 day ago

I was in the service for four years and I refrained from getting a tattoo while all the other guys in my outfit did. I am proud of that fact. Think of a tattoo like this, if you were to get one tomorrow and you were happy with it, do you think you would be happy with it forty years from now?

Maybe not total failure, but certainly not success

It's difficult to get any decent employment opportunity in business with facial tats or, for that matter, many visible tats anywhere.

• D50

If you're even considering one, you're already setting yourself up for failure. You're just putting an excuse in place for when you do fail. "I woulda had that CEO position at the big company except for their small-minded, prejudiced attitude against face tattoos. If it were protected, I would sue them for it!"

• LM440

Done tastefully and in moderation, face tattoos are not a kiss of death.  Of course you will encounter prejudiced people, but they are out there looking to be subjective to people for many reasons.

• Bec

Any tattoo (peircings less so as they can be removed) that can't be hidden could limit job opportunities. Whether you agree or not, the majority of businesses don't want someone with facial tattoos in a customer facing roles (excluding music, tattoo parlours and the like).

You'd never walk into court and see the judge and the solicitor with facial tattoos.Even things like the police force generally require tattoos to be covered and non offensive.

Face tattoos will certainly limit your options in many career & employment areas. 

i dont think face tattoos are attractive

• Fred G

Obviously a failure if you are even thinking about a face tattoo.. These are the dumbest people and they don't care if everyone knows...

That seems a bit of a stretch. Any type of body art that is permanent and can't be easily covered can make it more difficult to get hired into professions where that type of self-expression isn't encouraged.  If a person with a face tat and one without have the same qualifications, often an employer will select the one without.

Having body art doesn't make a person a loser or make them fail.  There are definitely people who have facial tats and a lot of other issues that prevent them from succeeding.  Don't confused a correlation with causation.