Vatican Accuses Team Trump of Trying to Exploit Pope Francis...but His Holiness isn't falling for it?

When pressed earlier in the week about why the pontiff was seemingly snubbing Pompeo after having so warmly welcomed him just one year ago, the Vatican press office said the pope doesn't like to hold audiences with high ranking government officials so close to important elections. Immediately after speaking, ANSA news agency asked Gallagher to confirm if the reason “amounted to exploitation of the pope in the final stages of the U.S. presidential campaign.” Gallagher answered affirmatively, “Yes, that is precisely why the pope will not meet American Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.”

Favorite Answer

Team Trump must’ve mistaken Pope Francis for an evangelical political whore. 

His Holiness is in bed with the Communist Chinese, to the tune of an estimated two billion dollars a year.

"I am Catholic. I love my Church."

Surprising to see anyone say that.  if I belonged to a church that has raped tens of thousands of children, then criminally covered it all up, I would denounce it and hate it.  But, then again, I have a conscience.

I am Catholic. I love my Church. I am not convinced "Francis" does.