Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 4 weeks ago

Is it safe to flush now?

If a toilet was clogged due to too much toilet paper what should I do? I can’t seem to find the plunger. I removed to top lid of the septic tank and I took off the thing that clips onto the overflow tube to release water. It stopped overflowing but the water keeps rising everytime the toilet glistens. Is it safe to flush I don’t want it to overflow again. 

drop a pipe bomb in there

• garry

does a simple thing , gets a plumber out .

Pour a teaspoon of gasoline down your toilet, then give it a vigorous stir. If you're too much of a pussy to put your hand down there, a forceful piss or your wife's hairbrush will do.

Now drop in a lighted match. The resulting shockwave from the explosion of your septic tank ought to clear the blockage in your toilet.

try at least a cup of bleach, maybe 2-3 cups, let stand    for   one hour. then flush.

it should work.

First learn what YOU are talking about.

It ain't a septic tank-it is a holding tank.(cistern). Leave the stuff inside ALONE. That was working fine before so that won't change. Your toilet glistens? I have no idea what you meant when you say that.

Maybe spend an extra minute and re-read everything you wrote because I ain't the only dummy.

Buy a plunger...or hire a plumber @ $150hr to come out to charge you $150 and they did nothing...except walk away from their BEER.

There is much on YOUTUBE that can help you...with pictures even.

Then google stuff like Septic tank and see how far off you were.

You are going to overflow it again, EXPECT THAT WITH RAGS AND SPONGE MOP(IT IS ONLY WATER) the same water that comes out of the kitchen sink that you drink.

the toilet paper will break down over a period of six or so hours.  During that time, go buy a new plunger

• gerald

A bucket of water poured directly into the water from three ft will dislodge most blockedges if the bowl is still filling up cease pouring but you must have the bucket high enought togive a good force to the water directly 

• Edwena

The good thing is that toilet paper dissolves in water.  So a plug of toilet paper will dissolve within a couple of hours.  Figure out how ofter you can flush the commode without causing a mess, and flush it about that often.  That will put a dose of water on the toilet paper and keep dissolving it.  Eventually a flush of water will push it on through the pipe and everything will return to normal.

You really need to get a rotor rooter.  They're cheap, about $20 for a hand worked one.  Well worth the price because you can do it yourself and save the $75 a rotor rooter guy would charge just to come to your house.  Here's one for less than $10 plus shipping etc.  https://www.lowes.com/pd/Cobra-3-8-in-x-3-ft-Music...

• Rick

you'll have to 'snake' out the sewage lines ...............