Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 3 weeks ago

Putting clothes in the dryer?

If I take my clothes out of the washing machine and some of my clothes fall onto the floor but I put them in the dryer will the dryer sanitize the clothing that fell on the floor or will they be contaminated?

• L

As long as you IMMEDIATELY pick them up - they will be fine.

You should burn them immediately

"Contaminated"? With what? Is your floor a war zone?

Look at the shirt or whatever it is. Is there a mark on it? Put it aside to be washed again. No mark? Straight into the dryer.

Not worth worrying about.

Contaminated with WHAT?  Do you have serious issues with your floor?  I can't imagine what might be there that you would have to worry about contamination. 

Just shake off any dust and toss 'em right into the dryer.  Your dryer doesn't "sanitize" anything, however. Your soap and water in the washer do--but I wouldn't worry about this anyway. Just regular washing and drying cleans clothing enough to be safe. 

• sissy

contaminated? YIKES whats on your floor?

throw it in the dryer with a fabric sheet and you will be fine

put some aluminum foil balls in your dryer

• drip

Contaminated with what?   Shake them out and throw them in the dryer. They will be fine.

I have a very simple solution....clean your floor. That way, when something falls on the floor it will not become "contaminated. If your floor is that filthy with germs, then by stepping on it, you are contaminating your whole house as you walk away from your washer and dryer. Ewwww.

• Kate

They will not be contaminated by just falling on the floor unless your floor is filthy. Dryers will not sanitize your clothes, only washing them does that.

That depends. What was on the floor to contaminate the clothes? Dryers kill some germs, but not all.