Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootballEnglish Football · 4 weeks ago

Did Liverpool only win the Champions League final in 2019 because they were playing Spurs?

Let's face it Spurs are probably the only club on Earth that can actually lose a final to Liverpool, maybe Everton too but that's it.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • snafu
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I believe Spurs lost that game before setting foot on the pitch.  I didn’t believe that they believed they could win.  Liverpool in Europe are a different proposition than in domestic competition.  

European competition fires them up - to the manor born so to speak. Spurs on the other hand, were just happy to be there.  They knew their place.  

• 4 weeks ago

Spurs were the first English club to win a European Trophy, when they beat Atletico Madrid 5-1 in the 1963 Uefa Cup final.

That alone warrants respect.

Also, Manchester United were the first English club to win the European Cup ( Champions League ) back in 1968, beating Benfica 4-1 in the final.

So respect there too I guess.

Glasgow Celtic were the first British club to win the European Cup however,  in 1967 when they came from behind to beat mighty Inter Milan 2-1.

I use to like Celtic more than Rangers but since Stevie G took over as manager there, I hate Celtic and support Rangers in SPL ^_^

lol

Oh and what of my beloved Liverpool ?

LIVERPOOL F.C

Liverpool became the FIRST English club to win the European Cup two seasons in a row when they beat Club Brugge by a Kenny Dalglish goal to nil at Wembley in 1978.

So we are the FIRST English club in history to win 'back to back' European Cups ^_^

Forrest did it after we did it I think.

We won the 2019  Champions LEague Final because we beat BAYERN on their own  turf and THRASHED Barce in the return leg 4-0.

3-0 at camp nou

then 4-0 at Anfield.

Do you all need to be REMINDED of how we REACHED that final ?

also Spurs were magnificent in the champions league in 2019 and deserved to play a team of our class and caliber. 

We won the Champions League in 2019 cos we were the best team in Europe and the World ^_^

• Ryan
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

CMD typical spurs fan celebrates everything but trophies lol

• 4 weeks ago

That was the most annoying game in history. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • CMD
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

AWWWWW Some little Chelsea fan upset about the EFL.

No Liverpool are a good team and had a decent season, that is why they only lost 7 games across all competitions that season.

Spurs were not lucky to get to the final, they were in the group of death with Inter, Barcelona, and PSV. Most teams would have finished bottom of that group.

Spurs have played less in the CL than Liverpool, either of the Manchester Clubs, Arsenal and City. Yet they have some how managed to beat Real, Dortmund, Ajax, Inter, AC Milan and drew twice with Barcelona.

EDIT

Ryan; pathetic fans use that adage whenever Spurs win a game to mask their bitterness.

Have some class and admit your £388m squad lost and move on.

• They beat Bayern Munich, Porto and Barcelona to get to the Final.  They would have beaten Ajax or Spurs.  If Barcelona had made the final they'd have slaughtered Spurs or Ajax.

• Liverpool were the best team itw. Spurs were lucky to get to the final and it showed. Sure they didn't turn up enough, but Liverpool would've beaten Juve, RM and Ajax too

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.