Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 month ago

What do you think of names with “yewneek” spellings?

Like Nataleigh for Natalie.

Personally I can’t stand them. It makes the parents look illiterate and everyone will be spelling it wrong. And the poor kid will spend their whole life correcting everyone.

"Ah kilt a bar", quoth Dan'el Boone.

Source(s): Dan'el Boone
  • Snid

There are a few I don't mind but most of them are simply awful.

• Jim

I can't stand them either. It's not right to put your child through the harassment they're bound to receive.

I agree with your correspondent ' Vicky G'. 

I find  modern misspelled  meaningless inventions just plain awful!!!!

There are many 'unique'  names from antiquity that are never used. these would give the child a name that is different and everyone can relate to. 

Here are a few from Classical Greece, that are never used. 

F ;  Cassiopeia, Calliope, Terpsichore, Xanthe, Berenice.

M ; Achilles, Ajax, Diomed, Telamon, Patroclus. 

Awful, the poor kid is going to have to spell it for people for the rest of their lives.

• F

Moronic and chavvy.

Worthy of yewrinaytinn on.

I think it's stupid. Natalie for example is a 10/10 name to me - I love it. But in my opinion, an uncommon spelling ruins the name. Spelling REALLY matters to me when it comes to how nice the name is. Some names are so timeless, solid, beautiful and memorable - but a unique spelling will make them flimsy, floppy, trendy as f*ck, hard/annoying to spell and unmemorable.

I think it's the PARENTS choice on the spelling of THEIR child's name. 

My daughter's name is Symantha and we haven't ran into any "spelling issues" because we tell new people how it's spelled along with teaching her how to inform others so that they don't have to ask 

I like normal spelled names my brother has 4 kids the one kids name is Gaaviin for Gavin, Griffenne for Griffin, Dazee for Daisy,  Killsea for Kelsey. I think it looks so dumb!