Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 3 weeks ago

Writers: Describe your writing space?

1. What's one thing that you HAVE to have in your writing space? 

Computer to write on.

I write on laptop located on my bed, sprawled out, with one or both my cats dropping by for a quick pet.  In the background my TV plays an all-news channel.  Works for me:  six books on astronomical topics published, and my fourth science fiction book due out later this month.

A computer to write on.

• Speed

I have to have an unmoving view. When I used a desktop, it had to face a wall, not a window or the room's door.

Now I'm using a laptop most of the time, but where I sit has the same limitations. My daydream of cranking out brilliant novels in a coffee shop is just that, a daydream.

Not everyone necessarily has a "writing space". I've written countless very bad poems and chapters of never-to-see-the-light-of-day novels in taxis, on trains, in bed, in coffee shops.

I write in a shipping container that I buried in my backyard. I access the space via a hydraulic press. 

• Tina

A comfortable chair.

Either a computer or a pencil and paper.