Why does my heartbeat fast and then slows down?

I’ve been wondering about this for a while and it usually happens around night time. I couple of minutes ago my heart was beating strong and fast enough that I could feel it against my chest. I decided to take my pause after that and noticed that my pulse would get really strong and then get very weak that I’d almost lose my pulse and then it’ll get strong again. I timed my HR for a minute and got 68 bpm which isn’t abnormal. But I wanted to know why this happens

Your heartbeat changes constantly, second to second...it’s dynamic....we just tend to get these ideas that it stays the same rate unless we are running. 

Even moving in bed will cause it to speed up for a few seconds. Another explanation is anxiety which you may not even be aware of at the moment, but your body is feeling it. And least likely, 

you may have a hormone imbalance, especially thyroid issues but other glands as well.