Tips on starting a record collection?

Last Christmas I got my first turntable and vinyl record, ever since then I've been very keen on getting more. I'm 16 and pretty clueless when it comes to collecting and buying them though and I wanted a few tips. I now have about 20 records and I've recently started using Discogs to order from. I'm a big fan of primarily funk, disco, and soul. 

• Nick

Specific advice for funk, disco, soul collecting:

Don't forget the 45s. Especially with soul. Well, maybe 7" 45s for soul and 12" 45s for disco.

Learn producers and record labels. A lot of times that is the best way to make an educated guess on music that you aren't already familiar with.

But you don't need any advice. The internet is a cheat code for record collecting. My advice is more for picking records in the wild.

Try all music.com for reviews and suggestions. Finding it on vinyl will be difficult. There’s always EBay.