he told me he would leave me if I ever got pregnant? ?

he said that he would leave me if I got pregnant coz he's told me that he doesn't want kids is he a jerk? 

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

No he is not a jerk, he is a selfish moron and he sounds stupid too. Doesn't he realise that you can't get pregnant without his help? Perhaps he should do something to stop you getting pregnant since without his sperm, there is no pregnancy.

• 2 weeks ago

If he's told you that, why are you still with him?

• 2 weeks ago

You both need to discuss where you want your relationship to go.  Perhaps he only sees you as a short term bit of fun.  Unless you talk about what you both want from your relationship, your likely to be used.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

No he doesn't want to be tied down its his choice to leave you if you become pregnant. He doesn't want to be financially responsible when he made it clear he doesn't want any children. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • LizB
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Only if he's not actively utilizing means of avoiding pregnancy that he can control -- ie, condoms. If he's dumping the full responsibility on you to not get pregnant while he takes no responsibility for himself, then he's absolutely a jerk. But if you're both being careful, and you've told him that you would never get an abortion even if accidental pregnancy did somehow happen, then him saying he'll walk away is just honesty. You get full say over whether you continue a pregnancy or not, and his choice to either be a dad or walk away and never be more to the kid than a child support check.

• John P
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

In a way he is being honest.  Then you know where you are - he will be gone if you get pregnant.

• helene
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Then he should get a vasectomy instead of just threatening his girlfriends with the "punishment" of losing his company.

Why are you asking if he's a jerk? Why would you have sex with someone before you know whether he's a jerk?

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

If you want children - then he is the wrong guy for you.

At least he didn't wait until it happened to make that clear.

BTW - your response to that statement should have been - then go get a vasectomy and you will never have to worry about it.

• Jill
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Is he a jerk for not wanting kids? No. At least he's not lying about it like some men do.

But it takes two people to get pregnant so I hope he realizes that he is just as much responsible if you do get pregnant - and that leaving you wouldn't mean that he doesn't have to provide for his child. 

If you're okay with not having kids then maybe he should think about a vasectomy. 

If you want kids then you better dump him now and start looking elsewhere for someone who wants that. 

• Rick
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

leaving will NOT get him out of his responsibility for his child.....   

• 3 weeks ago

No, he just knows his own mind and wants to remain childless.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.